- 🧭 What's a Quest?
- 🎁 Why is that a thing?
- 🤷♂️ Who is quest for? (It's me isn't it?)
- 🙉 What should I listen to?
- 🙊 How should I answer a question?
- 📣 How do I share answers?
- 🙌 Can anyone just join?
- 🛣 What's on the roadmap right now?
- 🤔 How do I contact you?
🧭 What's a Quest?
Quest is the most interesting place to listen to professional advice. It’s a personalized playlist of answers from unheard experts to useful questions. Quest gives every expert a voice, so anyone can find their way in their career with hands-on tips and tricks.
🎁 Why is that a thing?
Because our tiny team figured out that there were two major problems with professional advice.
First, it's hard to know what questions to ask about your profession if you're new at your job. There's a whole generation which doesn't know what questions to ask, let alone to ask for help!
The second issue is that experts are simply busy. They're experts for a reason! But that doesn't mean that they don't want to help out. If there are ways to share your advice so that multiple people can be helped, then you're more willing to help out more often. And what's easier than recording a short audio clip on your phone, right?
🤷♂️ Who is quest for? (It's me isn't it?)
Quest is for anyone whose looking to grow professionally. It's a way to share your experiences, without that dreaded feeling of writing a blogpost, not knowing what to write about.
It's for people who enjoy a nice podcast, maybe a Discord or Clubhouse room every once in a while, and who think audio on the internet is pretty cool. (We do!)
It's for someone who's looking to learn and expand their knowledge, but who is also often skeptical about the advice they listen to. If you prefer to hear from people doing the work, rather than the person on the stage talking about it, then Quest is for you.
🙉 What should I listen to?
Whatever you'd like of course! Our first version of Quest is still very simple, but we'll introduce more ways to filter on the topics you care about, or to follow the experts you'd like to hear from.
🙊 How should I answer a question?
- Repeat the question
- Speak clearly into the mic
- Share specific moments from personal experiences
- Write down your answer (flaws are more fun)
- Use lingo (your listener is a career starter)
- Make it formal (it’s more like a chat with a friend of a friend)
📣 How do I share answers?
Just tap the "Share" button in the player. We'll generate a small video clip that you can send to anyone. You can even post it to Twitter or LinkedIn, whether it's your own answer or someone who you think deserves to be heard.
Even though we're still testing Quest, feel free to share clips on Quest with anyone you'd like.
🙌 Can anyone just join?
Right now Quest is only available to anyone who...
- Has an iPhone. However, we've built Quest on a cross-platform technology, and are looking forward to ship on Android very soon.
- Has an invite from someone currently on Quest. We're still making sure everything works in the right way, and so we're not public yet. We'll release more openly soon! Until then: Feel free to invite friends.
🛣 What's on the roadmap right now?
I could just say "dark mode" here, but that would be too easy.
We're testing Quest and would love to incorporate your feedback while we're doing it. That'll help us prioritize and ship things that actually mean something to you.
🤔 How do I contact you?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with your ideas!